Built in 1933, and newly renovated in 2020, the main pool is one of largest in the country holding over 1,300,000 gallons of water, or over 3 Olympic Sized Swimming Pools. The main pool offers a 10 lane – 50 meter course and a 6 lane – 25 yard course available for lap swimming at varying stages of the day. The included diving well features a 1-meter and 3-meter diving board. For the younger swimmers, there is a zero-depth wading pool with play slide and a 2-ft deep Junior Pool. The main pool has a large spiral slide set. Separate men’s and women’s locker rooms are available to secure your belongings, which have lockers, showers, changing stalls, and restrooms. The pools are staffed daily by Red Cross certified lifeguards and managers.
Numerous sun decks and lounge chairs are spaced around the pools for your comfort, along with tables and umbrellas for periodic breaks from the summer sun. Other than casual swimming and sun bathing, additional activities offered during the summer are early morning lap swimming for adults, swim team, swim lessons for children and adults, water aerobics, and lifeguard training.
Concessions available in the Beach Stand/Snack Shack, serving hot food, snacks, candy, ice-cream, Coca-Cola products, and alcoholic beverages. Have lunch (maybe enjoy a famous Rivi Grilled Cheese) in beach stand after a swim, or when visiting our South Park playground.
Indoor / Outdoor Pool Rules
- Never call “help” unless in distress. Never pretend to drown.
- Proper swimming attire required. No underwear or street clothes allowed in the pool. All trunks must have liners.
- Children wearing diapers must have on tight-fitting swim pants or a swim diaper in order to use any of the pools. Diapers must be changed in designated areas.
- Children should be encouraged to take frequent bathroom breaks. All fecal accidents must be reported immediately.
- All persons using the pool must shower before getting in.
- Persons with skin abrasions or wearing tape or bandages are not permitted in pool.
- Persons with diarrhea within the last 48 hours should not use the pool.
- A responsible adult must accompany any child under the age of 10 years or any non-swimmer at all times.A non-swimmer is any person who cannot comfortably swim in all areas of the pool.
- Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult after 7:00 p.m.
- Baby and Junior pools are for children ages 6 and under and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Inflatable life preservers are not allowed. Preferred life preservers are U.S. Coast Guard Approved and “Universally Listed”. (Waterwings are not allowed)(Puddlejumpers are allowed)
- Any swimmer requiring any floating assistance device for support must be accompanied in the water by a responsible adult. The adult must remain no more than an arms length (approx. 3 feet) away.
- No rafts are allowed in the pool ever. (Outside of scheduled Club events)
- Only soft “splash” type balls and inflatable beach balls are permitted in the pool. No tennis balls or footballs are allowed.
- Boisterousness, rowdy behavior is not permitted – no dunking, pushing, shoving, spitting water in the pool, in the locker rooms or in the rest of the facility
- No profanity allowed.
- Never flip towels or put towels in water.
- No running on the pool deck
- No glass anywhere in the pool area
- Some of the 6ft and 50m lanes are designated lap swimming only. Do not swim across the lanes!
- No jumping or diving off of the bridge or off the island into the 6ft and the deep end of the pool.
- No alcoholic drinks beyond the beach stand/picnic area.
- No jumping from deck to deck. Do not put chairs on the decks. Do not move the lounge chairs out of their designated area. Furniture must be at least five feet away from the pool’s edge.
“Big Slide” Rules
- You must be at least 4ft tall or be able to swim 25yards without stopping to use the slides.
- No goggles, eye glasses, balls, toys or flotation devices on slide.
- Walk up the steps, no running.
- Wait and make sure the person in front of you has completely cleared the area before you go.
- You must go down sitting up with your feet first, facing forward.
- No stopping on the slide.
- Clear the area quickly following the black lines – DO NOT SWIM IN FRONT OF ANY OF THE OTHER SLIDES!
- Parents/others must remain outside of the roped area.
Diving Board Rules
- Only one person on the board at a time.
- No goggles, balls, toys or flotation devices on diving boards.
- Wait until the person in front of you swims all the way to the ladder before you go.
- Only one bounce allowed.
- Go straight off the end of board. Do not jump towards the wall or lane lines.
- Go straight to the ladder nearest the board you went off.
- No back flips, back dives, inwards, or gainers/reverse jumps.
Pool Manager, email@example.com