Club Updates on COVID-19
Posted on Monday, March 16th, 2020.
Last Updated 3/23/20 (1:00p)
The Covid-19 virus is placing our communities under significant pressure. Each of us is making difficult decisions about spending time with families and friends, and that stresses each of us in different ways.The Riviera Club serves as a home away from home, and a place where we spend time with family, friends and staff members. It is frustrating to not have access to our home away from home, but rest assured that work continues to serve the membership of the club:
- The club landscaping crews have been busy at work getting ready for the season. The Flower Power Group has selected an area for the Community Garden and work will begin shortly
- The pool renovation project continues and is on track for the May 29th opening
- Club management has arranged reciprocal benefits for Riviera Club members at Saddlebrook Golf Club. An announcement of the benefits will come out this week
- Renovations of the Snack Shack kitchen and the Beach Stand are being planned and implemented
Just like any home, the bills need to get paid even when the family is away. All members of the Riviera Club are in fact owners. The Rivi primarily operates on member dues, especially when programming is closed. Without your dues payments, we cannot pay the permanent staff, cover the costs of the pool renovations, pay utility bills, taxes, insurance, etc.
Thank you for continuing to make your monthly dues payments, and we want to let you know that we are putting together a plan to extend each member’s contract by the number of days we are closed. This will help us both pay our operating costs and do something to offset the loss of access to the club.Going forward, we will continue to monitor public health information, look for ways to bring value to the membership, and wait for the day we reopen our second home, the Rivi.
Board of Directors
Last Update 3/16/20 (4:00p)
Members of The Riviera Club:
Do to the ongoing Corona Virus (Covoid 19) outbreak and out of an abundance of caution for our members, their guests, and our staff, we are going to close the Rivi starting Tuesday, March 17th until further notice. All aspects of the club will be shut down, the pools, locker rooms, fitness rooms, lounge, basketball court, etc. We hope to re-open in early April, pending further guidance from the CDC, the State of Indiana, and local government agencies.
The business office will be operating on limited hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily. We will do our best to keep the membership informed during this crisis.
Sincerely, Gordon Digby Interim General Manager
Last update 3/16/20 (11:40a)
|The Board supports Public Health to minimize the spread of coronavirus including social separation and avoiding large meetings. The Board also believes in the right of members to access the Rivi, and the important role of exercise and fitness in managing stress.|
As a reminder, the Governor has said:
- Stay home if you are sick with COVID-19 or suspect you are infected with the virus, except to get medical care.
- · Emphasize social distancing by postponing large non-essential events of 250 or more people, and postponing smaller activities where 6 feet of distance per person is not possible.
- · Support social distancing by limiting contact with the elderly and those with compromised immunity, and avoiding handshakes and hugging.
- Regularly wash hands with soap and water, or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Seek prompt medical attention if your illness is worsening such as difficulty breathing and call your doctor or healthcare facility before you seek care.
To honor all of these goals, we will be taking the following steps:
- The campus is open and staff are reporting to work as normal. Do not come to campus if you are sick, or think you are sick. Please stay home.
- The pools are open, but we may need to limit the number of people in the pools at a given time. The CDC has said there is no evidence that coronavirus is transmitted through pools. We will monitor chlorine levels as we already do.
- First floor locker rooms remain open. Maintain the suggested 6 foot distance from people outside your family to minimize risk of transmission, and we will continue with our cleaning schedule.
- Tennis courts and playground remain open. Please be mindful of your own health and that of your family, and work towards the 6 feet of social distancing recommended.
- Fitness areas remain open. We are continuing cleaning efforts and may need to limit the number of users to minimize meet social separation goals.
- Lounge remains open with food service, but we may need to limit the number of users at one time.
- Group Fitness classes are suspended, but will be evaluated weekly to determine if we can find alternate locations in our facilities.
- KidZone is suspended but will be evaluated weekly.
- Thursday dinners are suspended and will be evaluated again April 1.
- Spring Camps are cancelled.
- The saunas and basement locker rooms are closed.
We will continue to monitor events, so if you have something you usually participate in, please call the office at 317-255-5471 and ask us!
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to the General Manager, Gordon Digby, through the Rivi front desk (317) 255-5471 or by email at email@example.com.